the Joy of Figs!
September 15, 2019, 2-5pm
Location: Wigle Barrelhouse and Whiskey Garden
1055 Spring Garden Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Children 11 and under free
- Fig-based delicacies demonstrated and prepared by Vallozzi’s Chef Josiah Henry
- A complimentary fig-based Wigle cocktail created exclusively for the occasion
- Heirloom Seed and Fig Tree exchange
- Traditional Italian music and dancing
- Fig growing tips and advice
- Gardening and Food Demos
- Silent Auction with heirloom trees from our Legacy Fig Garden
Rain or Shine! Rain won’t stop the party! We’ll just head into the Wigle Barrelhouse.
Directions and parking info at www.wiglewhiskey.com/whiskey-garden
FigFest! supports the ongoing mission of The Italian Garden Project including Italian American vegetable garden documentation, educational programs and website, and heirloom seed preservation garden.
The allure of fig growing goes beyond the sweet reward of the sun-ripened fruit. For many, figs evoke a powerful connection to the past, and the challenges of growing them are far outweighed by the joy they bring.